Raffle Prizes: Amazon Gift Cards gift cards ($75, $50 & $25), $25 Chili's Gift Card, $25 Aunt B's Gift Card &, Gift Cards from Route 100 Market & many more prizes! Plus...$10 iTunes Gift Cards to the top 3 readers with the most pages read!
How To Get Raffle Tickets
- For every 100 pages read - 1 raffle ticket will be submitted in your name.
- For every 1 review submitted - 1 raffle ticket will be submitted in your name.
- For every teen event you attend during the summer - 1 raffle ticket will be submitted in your name. Important: you must sign the attendance sheet when at the program.
- Register Early - 1 raffle ticket will be submitted for the first 25 participants to sign up for the Teen Summer Reading Program! Important: Registration starts June 18, 2017! Bonus: 1 raffle ticket will be submitted in your name for every visit to the library (6/19-8/30). Please see Tara Ferretti (or the librarian at the Reference Desk) for the form to sign!!! (NOTE:You can earn up to a maximum of 5 raffle tickets by visiting the library).
- Teen Dream Board Thursday, June 29th from 4:00—5:30 pm Vision boards are powerful visualization tools that can help you attract the people & things into your life—that YOU want! Vision boards are collections of affirmations, inspirational words; pictures, quotations, etc. Using the art of collage, create a vision board to define your goals! This event is for teens /tweens entering 6th grade and up!
- Teens & Adults Earring Making Saturday, July 8th at noon. Can’t make it at 12pm? Join us anytime up until 2:00pm. Join us at the Somers Library to make your own beaded earrings and make additional pairs to donate. For every pair of earrings you make for yourself, you will also make the same amount to be donated to a local women's shelter. This program is free and is intended for teens, 5th grade and up, as well as their parents.
- Henna Workshop Thursday, July 13th from 3:15 pm—5:00 pm - For centuries mehndi, the art of henna painting on the body has been practiced in India, Africa, and the Middle East, where the henna plant is believed to bring love, good fortune, and protection. The henna we will be using is all natural, made from finely sifted henna, lemon juice and essential oils. With proper care a henna stain can last between 2-3 weeks. This program is intended for teeens/tweens entering grades 6 and up. IMPORTANT: All Participants must have a signed permission slip from their parent or guardian. Margie Nugent is an accomplished body artist and owner of Making Faces Parties in Mount Kisco, NY.
- Teens: Decorate Your Flip-Flops! Thursday, July 20th from 4-5:30 pm. Join us at the Somers Library to decorate a pair of flip flops. Please bring a pair of new flip flops! (You can buy a pair for $1 at Walmart, Old Navy or the dollar store!) We will provide all decorative materials. You will also receive a small bag as well to take home your new flip flops. Plus, you can pick out a free teen book to take home. This program is for teens/tweens entering grades 6 & up.
- Create Your Own Coloring Book Thursday July 27th from 4:00-5:30 pm. Chill out, relax and join the trend! Create and design your very own handmade Color Me Book with Art teacher Wendy Podell. By melding collage & scrapbooking techniques, participants will use their imagination to create a collection of images that are unique and meaningful to the individual participants. This program is intended for teens & tweens entering grade 6 and up.
- Create a T-Shirt Pillow Keepsake Thursday, August 3rd from 4-5:30 pm. Did you outgrow your favorite t-shirt and would you like to save it as a special memento? Then join us at the Somers Library to turn it into a keepsake pillow! Please bring you’re a favorite (clean) tee-shirt that you would like to turn into a keepsake decorative pillow and we will provide all other materials. This program is for teens/tweens entering grades 5 & up.
- Teen Coloring Club: Join us at the Somers Library to for some low key art therapy...Relax, color, and socialize. Blank coloring pages and Prismacolor Pencils are provided, or you may bring your own. Tuesdays, 7/11, 7/18, 7/25, 8/1, 8/8, 8/15. No registration necessary!
- Anime Club: Join us for a chance to watch anime from Crunchyroll with your friends! Every Wednesday 6/28 - 8/16 from 3-4:15.
- Pokemon Club: Teen/Tween Pokemon Club @ the Somers Library - Join us at the Somers Library to meet, discuss and battle your friends using your Nintendo 3DS (or even using your cards)! This program is for teens/tweens in grades 5th and up. The library will supply snacks and an opportunity to meet friends interested in Pokemon! Meetings dates: 6/30, 7/14, 7/28, & 8/11.
- Anime Nights! - Join us for a chance to watch anime from Crunchyroll with your friends! 7/7 & 8/4 from 4:30-6:60 pm